A Succulent Bridal Shower

 It seems like it's wedding season around here!
So many of my friends have grown children getting married this summer and there are lots of engagement parties, bridal showers and rehearsal dinners to attend. 

Yesterday, I had the honor to co-host a bridal shower for my friend's lovely daughter-in-law to be, and my contribution was the centerpieces.  
I initially experimented with roses and succulents, but the bride's colors are purple and green...

...so I ended up putting purple Campanula plants in the center of the succulent wreaths that I've kept alive since December from Ashley's wedding.  

Putting them on log slices gave them more presence.  

 Meanwhile, my friend and mother of the groom made the party favors that doubled as place settings, thanks to the little chalkboards on a stick that we found at Michaels.  

 I mean, how cute are these?  

They coordinated with my centerpieces beautifully.

The shower was a huge success and it turned out to be a perfect day for everyone.

Oh, and everyone was happy to take home a succulent with their name on it!

Including me!

No comments:

Post a Comment