What's On My Nightstand

The R.E.A.D. book club has chosen "The Space Between Us" for the next book to read.
It looks to be a good one!

Here is what Amazon says:
"The Space Between Us, Thrity Umrigar's poignant novel about a wealthy woman and her downtrodden servant, offers a revealing look at class and gender roles in modern day Bombay. Alternatively told through the eyes of Sera, a Parsi widow whose pregnant daughter and son-in-law share her elegant home, and Bhima, the elderly housekeeper who must support her orphaned granddaughter, Umrigar does an admirable job of creating two sympathetic characters whose bond goes far deeper than that of employer and employee."

Sounds intriguing, right? I would love to have you join me in reading this novel.
The book club meets again on March 1st to discuss.
Send me your thoughts about the book and I'll share them at our next meeting, and visa versa with a follow-up post.
Think of it as a virtual book club!

No comments:

Post a Comment