A Candlelight Welcome


For Mr. A's big 60th birthday bash, I welcomed our guests with these lanterns on the front porch.

I bought them from Pottery Barn and plan to use them to welcome guests for the evening wedding in December too.

Nothing says welcome more than candlelight.
And a welcome wreath.

Decking out the front porch is kind of a big deal for me, since we never use this door.
We're back door people, and our friends know to come in through the back door.

But this night was special, and I wanted to create a festive atmosphere.

I like it so much, that I plan on keeping the lanterns out there and changing the flowers to white poinsettias for Christmas. Oh, and the wreath too.
Which reminds me, it's time to start decorating for Christmas.
I'm in denial....

No comments:

Post a Comment