NEW INTERIOR COLOR...but not gray... and a SFO Trip


OH. MY. GOSH.

I'm so far behind in answering questions from readers.... and in posting!  Time to catch up!



With my little medical trauma while I was in Texas, and then the passing of my sweet mother... I got a little behind.



Actually, the two slab leaks in my home started it out - and then we started our remodel and things are pretty chaotic - and dusty - and noisy...



So to escape, we decided to take a drive to San Francisco to see my son, James.



 The Central Valley windmills were motionless - a windless day meant clearer skies NOT filled with dust from the drought...







We took the Oakland Bay Bridge in this trip - such a quick trip we didn't have time to sight see...



















yes, that's the blimp...









Our purpose was two-fold in going to San Francisco.  To see him, of course...


and to decorate a bit...the perks of having a designer as a mom....








We stopped at his office on Mission Bay and saved him his 45 minute commute...




 Not a bad view!















His apartment is in this old home which has been converted into apartments 




in this beautiful neighborhood...





so I had to snoop a little...


love to check out well kept vintage homes...


















This one had a lovely garden...


so I had a peek...
















love the sculpted boxwoods...



 It was interesting to see the outskirts of the city...



and not hang out in the city center with all the tourists...




and of course, I loved the fog rolling in at the end of the day...









 but then the visit took an ugly turn....


Mr. B got up in the middle of the night


in the dark


to use the bathroom


and chose the wrong door


and fell down a steep flight of stairs to the basement


in the dark




 we don't have basements in Orange County.







the doctor told him he was lucky to be alive


all sorts of scenarios went through my mind of what could have been - 







broken neck


brain trauma


broken limbs


blood clots







instead, he miraculously walked up the stairs


with a little help


only bruised and battered

nothing broken







we were very fortunate


events like that make you realize how fragile life is


how in a moment


your life can change forever









 We decided to take an extra day to make sure Mr. B felt well enough to travel


and found this amazing antique shop called Big Daddys.





not far from Mission Bay on 17th Street




 filled with wonderful old things



























Big Daddys makes their own light fixtures 


from junk...



 









 and the best part is

they have a store in LA on La Cienega...



 because there was no way I was getting anything else in our car...

















 such a fun diversion!

here is their website



********************************************************************



QUESTIONS FROM READERS:






Hi there!

 I've recently decided to update my house interior by giving it a fresh coat of paint. The problem is, I'm having trouble choosing a neutral color that will look nice throughout the entire house. Most taupe and beige colors look too yellow for my taste. And I steer away from grey because my exterior is a shade of gray. I'm honestly not sure what I'm left with after that. I have firmly decided on BM's White Dove for the kitchen cabinets though.

All Ideas are welcome!! Thanks. -Sheri

Sheri.annalise@gmail.com



Hi Sheri:

Benjamin Moore's color of the year might be the perfect choice.  Its a lovely, soft, gray green - with just enough gray in it to soften and make it soothing. 





Guilford Green is a perfect neutral that goes with nearly every other color - see my post on that here.

No comments:

Post a Comment