APARTMENT LIVING and Shabby Chic help...








My boy recently graduated from college

and moved to San Francisco

for his first REAL job.





It's also his first apartment -

[not counting the whole college experience...]


Being the son of an interior designer, its no big surprise that he has definite ideas about his new place

and how he wants it to look.


He definitely wants a grown up look - clean lined, industrial/rustic look for his apartment,

so I've been pulling ideas for him.



We both loved the easy, sophisticated vibe of this room (featured on Apartment Therapy).




I love the framed American flag...

[we have one to frame]

and he has some ideas to add in the 'rustic' he loves...

and this has to fit somewhere in the room





Restoration Hardware



We both liked many of the elements from the inspiration photo..

the Swiss army camp blankets on the bed...





I found several sources for them on Etsy...







Found the exact same pillow shams at Ikea..




Ikea

Still looking for a


Native American style blanket/bedspread


and the cowhide rug




AZ Trading Post





He painted last weekend

this amazing Sherwin Williams color




Juxtapost


Sherwin Williams - Agreeable Gray



Ikea has been the source for some stylish but inexpensive furniture -

he purchased a platform bed with drawer storage in a deep chocolate brown



and a Kallax shelf to use as a console for his TV -




Kallax by IKEA

and a matching wardrobe, because closet space is nearly non-existent...







Ikea

I've been picking up a few of these vintage suitcases to stack for a bedside table




Madcap Style

and something like this would look great at the foot of his bed...




Branches Furniture






Etsy



I think a trip to SFO is in order...




and a uhaul...





Can't wait to see him!


************************************************







Hi Claudine! Hi back!  I'm going to try a different way to answer today - my answers will be in BLUE!

My home is Shabby Chic/Beachy with Darker wood Antiques. Sounds lovely!  I love antiques!

I love White and Cream, toned down Aqua Blue(a bit less green), and Taupe. Half the battle is knowing what you love!

The trim is White through out the house. The exception is the Kitchen Cabinets. They are a creamy white from Farrow and Ball that I painted a few years ago. 

I am going to do two Parsons chairs with white slipcovers at the heads of the table. The side chairs I'm going to paint the aqua I love.   Very beachy!  Sounds scrumptious.





The table base is painted Annie Sloan "Old white", the top is an original black stain. It was a former long Library Table. I'm not "married" to the top .  Yes, I think black would be a little harsh against all that lovely soft aqua and white...

The question is would BM Linen or SW Urban Putty look good on the kitchen walls. I think so.  Linen will look white - it is a white.   Urban Putty is a soft taupey beige.  Or perhaps another color. I am getting lost in all the solid white Beachy Shabby Chic looks that I see in Magazines. Does Shabby Chic only have to be white?  I would love to know what you'd recommend in a paint color. Thank you!!! 

Honestly there are so many whites to choose from, and so many that won't look white until you put them up on a wall, but will give a subtle hint of color.... but actually no - Shabby Chic doesn't have to be all white though it does figure predominantly in the mix.  





You can add creams, beiges, taupes, grays - just not too dark.  Have a healthy helping of white as well and you will keep the Shabby Chic feel.    Here are a few alternative wall colors to white...  Pale is the way to go...




Benjamin Moore CREAM FLEECE






similar to Benjamin Moore SILVER CLOUD






similar to Benjamin Moore PALE OAK









similar to Sherwin Williams AGREEABLE GRAY













 olors I also like Gray Owl, Titanium, Horizon, Coastal Fog by Benjamin Moore.  California Paint/Dunn Edwards has Crisp Muslin and Whisper Gray - they are amazing.  








No comments:

Post a Comment