What The Fork Please

Our kitchen silverware drawer has pieces mixed together from our wedding silverplate and an everyday stainless set I bought at Marshalls years ago. 
It's annoying and I'm finally ready to do something about it!

It seems like I've been searching for a new set of everyday flatware forever.
While I'm not exactly sure what I want, I know I want it to be special.
This pattern is simple and I like the straight lines.  But....

I especially want a new set for our new house.  No more mis-matched silverware!
While I like this pattern, I wonder if I'll tire of it down the road.

I've almost bit the bullet several times, but at the last minute could not commit.
To say I'm particular about our flatware is an understatement!
It has to feel right in the hand.  Not too heavy, not too light.
I wonder if this pattern will feel right in the hand.  

It also has to look good!  
But not too ornate and not too simple.
I wonder if this pattern too simple.
All the examples above are from Pottery Barn and are reasonably priced.
Still, when you add up 12 place settings, it is a commitment.

This pattern from Crate and Barrel is nice, but too much like the everyday stainless I have now--or what's left of it.

 Williams-Sonoma has a nice monogrammable set that is stainless and dishwasher safe.
Do I want a monogram?

Believe it or not, this is the look I want.
It's also from Williams-Sonoma and made in Italy.
I absolutely love the pewter handles and the little hallmark stamp.
But.  It's hand wash only, and expensive.

Another pattern to consider is this hotel silver, monogrammed pattern from Williams-Sonoma.
It says it's dishwasher safe.  Also expensive!

Restoration Hardware has a similar pattern which is dishwasher safe but hand washing is recommended.
Beautiful, but not user friendly.  And quite expensive for a set of 12.
Do you see why it's so hard to commit?

To complicate things, I purchased this gorgeous set of bone handled flatware on sale from RH.
Hand washing is definitely recommended, so I'll just use it for special occasions.
It still doesn't solve my everyday flatware choice.
That's why I'm asking for your opinion.  Which one would you choose from my examples above, and why?
Come on, tell me: "What the fork?"

No comments:

Post a Comment