Lighten Up And Declutter

 Do you ever feel like you have too much stuff? 
I do and have finally made a commitment to deal with it.

Last week I began the process of decluttering my house and life!
Down came the majolica plates and half of the oil paintings that I've collected over the years.

I took down the plates and the Dijon colored paint.

Tommy the Painter thinks I've flipped my lid! 
 He painted the walls Dijon over ten years ago and can't wrap his mind around my plan.  I told him to think of it as going from Dijon to Mayonnaise!

The result is a cleaner, uncluttered look.

Now I'm questioning this light fixture. 
It certainly was love at first sight but that love affair is over.
I'm looking for something less......foo foo!

 The Dijon color was at its best around the mantel as it gave a warm, cozy feel to the room.

But not so much next to the green cabinets. 

Here's the cleaned up mantel in its preliminary staging.

I like how important the black mantel looks now, much crisper and cleaner.

Lightened up and decluttered.
Stay tuned for more before and after of the kitchen as it goes from Dijon to Mayonnaise!

No comments:

Post a Comment