Flashback Friday: The Holiday Hutch

The best thing about having a Welsh dresser or hutch is the endless styling opportunities.
I like to change ours seasonally, Christmas being my favorite time to create a holiday vignette.
Think of it as "vertical tablescaping" or "hutchscaping!"
For instance, three years ago, I used red transferware and paperwhites for my Christmas hutch vignette.

Last year, I relied on mercury glass, white flowers and pinecones for a subtle holiday look.

This year, I brought in some tartan, red majolica and a transfereware platter depicting a a snow scene.  Paperwhites again say Christmas to me.

I never have a plan, I just start playing with dishes.  This is what hutchscaping is all about.  
The red majolica plates that I found while thrifting this year are the background for little roe deer antlers on one shelf.

 
The tartan plates frame it all.

I found the tartan metal flower pots at Orchard Supply Hardware!
The platter is Johnson Brothers, from the Historic America series, "Home for Thanksgiving."


Along the sides of the hutch, behind the doors, I used Johnson Brother's Friendly Village plates with red majolica chargers behind them.
These are classic Christmas plates, and I have yet to set a Christmas dinner table with them.

The Holiday Hutch
2012
It is taking me forever this year to get ready for the holidays.

Hence, the many "Flashback Fridays!"
Be sure to check back later for my Holiday Hutch, 2013.
That is if I get around to it!
Is anybody else lagging like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment