My Tablescape Muse

Last week I created a fall centerpiece for my museum group's annual tea.
After seeing so much inspiration on Pinterest using pumpkins for floral containers, I just had to try it.
It was beyond simple!

I started with a huge heirloom pumpkin from the grocery store, scoring the top to accommodate the plastic container that would sit inside to hold water.

I thought this would be hard, but cutting through the pumpkin was like slicing butter!
The plastic dish fit right inside, ready for the flowers.

 I used two fall bouquets from the grocery store and filled in with blue hydrangeas from my garden.
Voila! 

Before I knew it, I was creating a tablescape!
The centerpiece was my muse, and I had just the dishes to go with it.

I couldn't pass up these transferware dinner plates from Homegoods recently, priced at $4.99 each.  They would be perfect for Thanksgiving, but for now, they are perfect for a fall tablescape.

I layered these faux majolica salad plates from Pottery Barn over them for interest and texture.
I say faux because they are actually melamine.  You seriously cannot tell they are plastic until you pick them up!

Bamboo silverware picks up the browns from the transferware plate.
The brown floral napkins are Ralph Lauren.

The purple goblets are from Goodwill and the try-color goblets are from TJMaxx.

It's been so long since I created a tablescape, but my pumpkin centerpiece got my creative juices going again!

 It was so easy to do, that I think it will be my go-to centerpiece for Thanksgiving this year.

Just as I was lighting the candles, Mr. A came home and asked what's for dinner?

 Uh, take-out?

The next day, after I delivered the centerpiece, I ended up creating yet another centerpiece with the three tiered stand and lots of mini pumpkins, gourds and pods.
It's beginning to look a lot like fall around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment