My Galvanized Water Trough Raised Bed Garden

I'm so excited about these galvanized water troughs that I just installed at our vacation rental.
Also called stock tanks, they are perfect for the wine country, and are a great way to have an instant raised bed garden.

Never mind that there isn't anything growing yet!
I have plans to plant herbs in the trough next to the porch and tomatoes, zucchinis, and cucumbers in the other two next spring. 

Or, I might plant some flowers for fall in the meantime.  
Either way, the galvanized troughs give a whole new look to the rental!

I wanted whoever is staying here to be able to walk right out the door and pick fresh veggies straight from the garden. 
Although these stock tanks look great in the country, they would also be perfect in an urban setting, along a backyard fence or a side yard.
Just be sure to drill holes for drainage and add several inches of gravel before filling with rich soil.
Then plant whatever your heart desires!

I'm joining Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment