Mozo's Antique Search And Rescue

It seems that antique stores and collectives are slowly disappearing, thanks to eBay and online shopping venues like One Kings Lane, etc.
So I was pleasantly surprised to see a new store open in my town.

Just around the corner from my daughter's house is Mozo's Antique Search and Rescue.

I stopped in for a look-see and was so happy to see my two old friends, Moe and Lisa!
They have always been hunters and gatherers, so it just seemed right to them to partner up and open a store.

Moe is one of the most creative people I know.  She owned a very successful clothing boutique in town for over 35 years and designs her own line of fingerless gloves (above), so she knows a thing or two about selling and merchandising.
I have several pairs of her gloves and even bought a new pair while there.

Lisa is also very creative.  
She had her own catering company for years and has a design business called DaisyBrady Design and Artifact that will be opening in the back of the store soon.

They have gathered a collection of fun, beautiful, eccentric antiques and collectibles that caught my eye, like this old print...

...and this Jeanne d'Arc statue.

How cool is this bottle?
I seriously considered buying it and adding it to my amber bottle collection.

Or even adding it to my bar that I set up in Asti (here).
Notice the spider web?  It would be a cool Halloween decoration too.
 I left it behind and can't get it out of my mind!

What I didn't leave behind though is this antique wicker trunk.
Now, where to put it?
No worries, I will definitely find a place.  
I'm thinking it will make a great coffee table or be fabulous at the foot of a bed.
Or, it could be a toy box for my granddaughters when they come to visit.

While I caught up with Moe and Lisa, my eye wondered, taking it all in.
There is a collection of cool necklaces and little artifacts...

...shelves of little collectibles.

Just a lot of really cool stuff.
I can't wait to go back and will probably be their most loyal customer!

I believe that even though we can find what we're looking for or collecting on eBay and other online sites, people still want to experience the thrill of the hunt.
Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment