A Wine Country Vacation Rental, Part Three

 The wine country rental is really shaping up after a long weekend of hunting and gathering in Sonoma County, searching for the perfect accessories and furnishings.

The breezeway connects the two cottages.  
The door to the second, larger cottage is straight ahead.

A large living room/dining room greets you as you enter.
This has been my most challenging room because I wanted to create two separate areas.

I accomplished this with an L-shaped sectional.
Picked up for a "song" at a local consignment store, it has great style, is super comfortable, but I'm not happy with the upholstery.
I'm working on it...


As you can see, this sectional was made for this room.
I found the wine barrel to fit perfectly behind the sofa's curved back.
A flat screen television will eventually sit on the table, straight ahead.
Although, I don't think people vacation in the wine country and watch TV!


The ceiling in this room was planked in pine by the previous owners.  At first I suggested painting it, but changed my mind.
The seagrass rugs throughout came from Orchard Supply Hardware, believe it or not!
I'm impressed with their quality.


The dining area has French doors to the deck that overlooks ancient oaks and a vineyard.

There is even a pot-belly stove in the corner.

I took the window coverings down for unobstructed views.

There is a pass through bar, looking in to the kitchen from the living room.

I found these two barstools at Homegoods for $89 each!

The kitchen is centrally located, allowing for conversation.

It has an eat-in area too.


 Another fabulous find from this weekend!

I scored this rusted metal chair, upholstered in burlap at Summer Cottage Antiques...

...as well as this vintage typewriter.

The desk is from World Market.
The room off the kitchen was another challenge because it connects the master bedroom and master bath.
It was used by the previous owner as an office.
I staged it with this desk and a twin sleeper sofa.

The bedroom is through the door, beyond.
The slate tiled bathroom is on the opposite side of the room. (sorry, no photo)

Queen bed is from World Market.

Bedding is Ralph Lauren.
As mentioned earlier, all beds, mattresses and bedding are new.

I positioned the bed and this chaise to take advantage of this room's gorgeous view.

Matchstick blinds are on order for privacy and light control...

The second bedroom also has its own bathroom and sitting room.

The bed and nightstand is from World Market.
The burlap toile console was a major score from Marshalls.

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, the previous owners were DIYers and this bathroom is an example of their handiwork.

If you are interested in renting one or both wine country cottages, email me for dates and rates, which are to be determined soon!

Oh, and by the way, I have a confession to make.
My client is YOU!
That's right, we actually own this property as of August, 2012 and I've been slowly furnishing it with YOUR comfort and enjoyment in mind.

Vignette Design is now in the Bed and Breakfast business!

I'm joining Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday!
I'm joining Sherry at No Minimalist Here for Open House Party
I'm linking up with Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feather Your Nest Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment