Musical (Rattan) Chairs

Every time I see a casual table with rattan chairs, I die.
This table at the Ralph Lauren Home Store in Palo Alto is an example.
I love the organic feel that these chairs lend to the dining table.

They remind me of the rattan chairs in Whitney Fairchild's Hampton's home as seen in the 2004 Home and Garden magazine.

Two years ago, I traded my French style chairs for Kubu Wicker from World Market for our casual dining area.  I loved how they gave the whole area a totally different, casual feel.

What I don't like is how far they stick out in the room because of the arms.
You can't tuck them under the table at all.

So when I discovered the Jayden Rattan chairs, also from World Market, I thought how nice that they tuck in. 
 Plus, they recently went on sale.   $159.98 for a pair!


Which beats the price of the Delaney Rattan chairs at Pottery Barn, also on sale for $179.00, but for just one.

With a place for my Kubu Wicker in mind, I went ahead and ordered the Jayden Chairs, and I couldn't be happier!

What's nice is the cushions I made for the Kubu wicker chairs also fit these chairs. 

I actually like the green ticking fabric with the darker rattan better.
It looks richer, don't you think?

You really can't beat the price for these chairs.
They are well made and super comfortable.


I have a feeling they aren't going to last long though.
Knowing World Market, they are probably phasing them out.
I'm so glad I bought them in time!

The only thing I hadn't considered though is the wicker shades on the buffet lamps, although they are easily changed out.
Is there such a thing as too much wicker/rattan?


No comments:

Post a Comment