A Majolica Inspired Tablescape

Six majolica plates, all different, were the inspiration for this tablescape that my BFF Maureen and I created last weekend.

We spent our birthday weekend in the wine country antiquing and hunting and gathering. 
 We found the motherlode of majolica at The Vintage Bank Antiques in Petaluma.  
I bought one plate and she bought five.




Together, we set the table using a Provencal inspired tablecloth as the foundation.


The idea was to create a table that is a riot of color, pattern and texture!


The ruby red glasses are a punch of color, pulling everything together and unifying the patterns and colors in the majolica.

 I bought six at a consignment shop, and Maureen found six more at another store, Food For Thought Antiques in Sebastapol.
We both love them for their elegant simplicity.

The centerpiece is simply white decorative cabbage, mimicking majolica patterns.
We set five plants in an old green crusty window box and tucked in burlap to hide the pots.

A few rustic candlesticks and rosemary topiaries on the ends of the table complete the look.
It was fun to pull our creativity together, both arranging and rearranging, as well as photographing the table.
With the battery dead in my Canon, we had to use our iPhones to do the photoshoot!

Maureen will probably hang her five majolica plates on her kitchen wall.  It is the beginning of a new collection for her.  I have a nice collection at home already, so I kept my one under glass in Asti.

Sources:
Tablecloth and napkins:  Pottery Barn
Decorative Cabbage:  Garrett Ace Hardware, Healdsburg
Majolica Plates: The Vintage Bank Antiques,  Petaluma
Red Stemware:  Food For Thought Antiques, Sebastapol
All other plates, candles, silverware, etc., from my own collection in Asti

I'm joining Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday.
I'm joining Sherry at No Minimalist Here for her Open House Party.
I'm also linking up to Tablescapes Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment