50 Shades Of Green


When Pantone named Emerald Green the color of the year, I did a little happy dance because green is and always has been my favorite color.


"Green is the prime color of the world,
and that from which its loveliness arises."
~Pedro Calderon de la Barca


Growing up in Oregon, it seemed that the whole world was green!


I've always wanted to bring that color inside, because psychologically it has a calming effect on me, just like it does when I'm in a forest.

Which is exactly how I feel when I'm in my kitchen, ever since I painted it green.
Calm.

Green is the new neutral.
It simply agrees with every other color.
I love how it pairs with red...



...and how it agrees with brown,

And how it goes with leopard.
Leopard is a color, right?

It even looks great with orange!


There are so many beautiful shades of green.  I don't think I've ever met a green it didn't like!
Green is:
 "Lively, sophisticated and prosperous."
"Harmonious, rejuvenating and balanced."
"Energizing, healing and regenerative."


Emerald, the color of the year for 2013.
Thank you Pantone!
You made me a very happy green girl!

Does green make you happy too?

No comments:

Post a Comment