Enamelware Finds

Several months ago, I found this vintage bread box at an antique store and bought it for the kitchen in Asti.  It joins the collection of white enamelware and porcelain that have black lettering.
I just love the simplicity of pieces like this and the farmhouse style they lend to the kitchen.

Last week, I found a few reproduction pieces on eBay.  
This little soap holder was only $5, so I bought several.
This one is in the guest bathroom in Asti, holding a few of the many soaps I've collected.

Along with the soap holders, I also found this "Toiletries" holder.  Perfect for the guest bathroom at home!  

Whether called enamelware or graniteware, these were working pieces in farmhouses in Europe and America.  I used to have a white enamel cookware set that we used for camping--that's how long I've been collecting these pieces.
It's nice to find a few hard working reproduction pieces at reasonable prices.


No comments:

Post a Comment