I've Never Met A Leopard Print I Didn't Like!

While not exactly true (I've met a few leopard prints that were heinous), it amazes me how I'm continuously drawn to a beautiful leopard print. 
 Be it for the home, or to wear, a little bit goes a long way, however a little bit is often just right to take a room or an outfit from ordinary to extraordinary!


Let's take a look at the latest leopard in my closet, beginning with a favorite blouse from Equipment.  I love to wear it over a black tank with skinny jeans.


Last week, I found this leopard cardigan with red detailing and little brass buttons from Lucky.
I took it with me to my nephew's wedding last weekend.  It looked great over my green dress and later with jeans.


Shoes with leopard detailing get me every time!
Love these flats from Jack Rogers with just a touch of leopard.
Great with a mini skirt, skinny jeans or leggings.


These leopard peep toe pumps have been my go-to dress shoe when the occasion calls for a LBD.


I get so many compliments on this leather leopard tote from J Crew.
It's my go-to purse when I'm traveling or shopping.


Be it the lining of a blazer or even lingerie, sometimes all the leopard you need can be found underneath it all.
This jacket from Cabi proves that point.  If the lining was plain, I probably wouldn't have bought it.
I love to roll the sleeves back for a peek of leopard, which compliments the menswear pattern perfectly.


In fact, I think leopard just about goes with everything.
Except other leopard!
This felt hat from Target only looks good if it's the only leopard print I'm wearing.
I would never put it with leopard shoes or even a belt.
And especially a leopard coat!

Speaking of leopard coats, I bought one many years ago in Tahoe, but always felt conspicuous wearing it.  I just wasn't brave enough yet.
My daughter Ashley "borrowed" it for five years.
 She rocks that coat!

After pinning this leopard coat from Pinterest, I decided I may have to borrow back my coat from Ashley!
I just love how it looks with stripes, denim and pearls.


I don't know why I wasn't brave enough to wear my coat, even Jackie Kennedy rocked a leopard coat! Which proves that although it seems trendy right now, it has been around forever.
Talk about classic!

I know I've shown this before, but can't end this post without a glimpse of all things leopard in my house.  This chair was destined for the dump until I rescued it and had it upholstered in Ralph Lauren leopard linen.

Simple paper leopard shades dress up the living room sconces and look even better now with the addition of grasscloth.

And then there are the stairs.
The smartest thing I ever did was carpet the stairs with this iron-clad carpet.
I do believe it will be around 100 years from now and has held up well with four kids and a dog.
I only wish I had also carpeted my bedroom with this carpeting!
But a little leopard goes a long way.  Right?
Either way, leopard is here to stay and I for one am very happy about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment