Tablescape Pour Le Printemps


Spring is in the air and I'm stuck at home with the tile contractor and the cabinet maker.
What to do?
Create a tablescape for spring!

The inspiration for my tablescape comes from these French plates.
BFF, Maureen and I found them at an antique store in the wine country on our birthday weekend.

There were 16 plates with three different scenes. We bought them and split them up.
She got 8 and I got 8!
We planned to create a tablescape together, but it just didn't happen!

So, here is my spring table, using everything French that I could find in the house!
Starting with a confit pot and the very last white hydrangea left over from Ashley's wedding!

For something different, I set the table in the entry hall using the drop leaf table from the living room. A French tablecloth found in France tops it.

Matching napkins and napkin rings are from One King's Lane.


Faux rosemary topiary place card holders are from Pottery Barn.

The majolica charger anchors all the plates.
Yellow basket weave dinner plates go perfectly with the French plates

Vintage jewel-like amethyst glasses and various silver and bone handled flatware are from my collection.

I love pulling these treasures out of drawers and cupboards and mixing them up.

The room is perfumed with the sweet scent of jasmine, a gift from my friend Jane when Dexter passed away.

I'll plant it outside soon in his memory.
As you can see, I have a new assistant taking Dexter's place.

My grand-dog, Bear seems to like being a part of the photoshoot just like Dexter did!

Butter Kitty is also offering her assistance.

The two of them are quite the pair with their matching brindle coats.


I'll be back later tonight to light the candles!

Un Table Pour Le Printemps!

This tablescape will join all the others over at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.



No comments:

Post a Comment