Bee Skep Love


Ever since my Grandma Carrie gave me her bee skep honey pot, I've had a thing for bees, honey and skeps.

That was 30 years ago!
I've collected quite a few of these little pots since then, but lately I want the real thing.
A real bee skep for the garden.

I found this bee skep basket at a thrift store last year and left it to patina outside all winter.
I would love more but they are hard to find, especially antique skeps.

But I think new skeps would be better in the garden as decoration anyway.

After doing a Google search for skeps, I found and purchased this one from Susan Branch. Obviously not an antique, however it is 16" tall and for $37, a bargain.
I can't wait to get it!

Origin Crafts also has a collection of new skeps for sale. The one on the right is $35.90.
Perfect for that English country garden look.

I'm loving these French bee skeps too, found on Pinterest.

Bee skeps indoors would be great too.
I've had this photo in my inspiration file because of the glass front refrigerator, but just realized that the pendants are bee skeps! Very cute!

I can just see a skep on my kitchen island or even as a centerpiece.
In fact, it would be very fun to create a tablescape with my honeypots and an antique bee skep in the middle of the table. The possibilities are endless!
Bee skeps. Just one more thing to collect!

To purchase the Susan Branch bee skep, visit her website here.
Also, check out Origin Crafts for more skeps for your garden here.

No comments:

Post a Comment