Memorial Day Moveable Feast

On Sunday, I packed the picnic basket with all kinds of goodies. We were going to find a nice spot on the Russian River and have a leisurely lunch. After all, my melmac patriotic plates were dying to make their debut!

After driving up and down the river for over an hour, it occurred to us that there wasn't any river access, and we were getting very hungry and irritable!
So we went back home and set up our moveable feast right on the coffee table in the pool house.

Great idea! And, more comfortable too. This wasn't just a photo opportunity...

...it was also lunch!

Everything was delicious! All from Big John's Market in Healdsburg.
Three kinds of salads, two different sandwich wraps...

...and champagne to toast!

I'm still bound and determined to photograph a picnic by the river someday.
However, it was awfully nice to picnic at home on the new indoor/outdoor rug from Pottery Barn!

We set it up the day before in the rain. I think Dexter really likes the new rug!

I'm joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.
On Friday, I'll join Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment