Treasure Hunting Across the Bay


My friend Lisa has been telling me about an antique store on her side of the Bay that has more majolica than I could ever imagine! So, last week, I drove across the bridge and met her for lunch and treasure hunting.

The lovely Terri, treasure hunter extraordinaire from La Dolfina also joined us for lunch. Two bloggers and a designer together! Needless to say, we had a lot to talk about!

After lunch, they were both excited to show me Friendship Farm Antiques. Sure enough, this store has a ton of majolica. I was in heaven!

They sell transferware too. I should have bought this Masons Vista pitcher!









All three of us walked out empty handed. No worries though, Terri knows all the best consignment and thrift stores, so off we went!

I lucked out at the cutest little cottage, turned thrift store when I spotted this ironstone butter tub. $4 please!

Also, this bee skep for $8! After I finish my planting project on the side porch, it will fit right in!

My "big ticket item" though is this faux bamboo etagere. Only $125! The tops of the shelves have been painted black, so that's probably why it wasn't more. However, I like it that way.
Now, where to put it. Certainly not in this bathroom!

It was such a fun day! What could be more fun--friends, antiques and lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment