An Alfresco Easter Tablescape


The inspiration for my Easter table is this yellow ceramic basket, unearthed from the backyard after years of weathering the elements. All cleaned up, it serves as the perfect Easter basket of flowers and eggs for the centerpiece.

I set a table for four under the arbor. Four is the magic number, as I only had four moss place mats and four majolica saucers that I wanted to use.

Also, setting the table under the arbor let me feature this tole chandelier.

A favorite piece, still awaiting a permanent place someday. But for now, a temporary home!




Flowers from the garden, including ivy, lilacs, mums and Spanish lavender fill the centerpiece.
I added large green moss eggs for effect.

A little bird is hiding amidst the flowers.


Let's light the candles!





The layering for this tablescape began with a paisley tablecloth, moss place mats, then chicken wire chargers.

Another layer was added with these purple majolica cabbage leaf chargers.

Then, chintz plates, which I used last year as well. I just love how these plates evoke Spring and Easter! They compliment the tablecloth perfectly.


It just wouldn't feel like an Easter table without my majolica chick egg cups!

Linen embroidered napkins and a mix of sterling and bone handled flatware complete the table.

This tablescape is pure fantasy!
My real Easter table is set in the dining room for eleven, and I'm using different plates altogether. The Easter basket centerpiece which was my inspiration to start with, will be recycled and perfect for Easter Sunday's table.

I'm joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday. Be sure to visit for lots of creative tablescape inspiration.
On Friday, I'm joining Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday. Stop in for more Easter ideas.
On Saturday, I'm joining Laurie at Bargain Hunting With Laurie for Favorite Things Saturday.
Check it out!
On Sunday, I'm joining The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment