Design Bucket List #6 - Decorate a Beach Cottage


Campagne Decoration
Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a little seaside cottage?

House Beautiful
Imagine going to sleep with the sound of the waves, or waking up to ocean breezes.

House Beautiful
Imagine how much fun it would be to decorate a little cottage with a nautical theme like designer Gary McBournie did above.

Imagine looking out the window of this living room and seeing the blue ocean! It makes me go "ahhhhhh."

Campagne Decoration
More "ahhhhhh!"

Are you saying "ahhhh" yet too?

Coastal Living
Back inside, I am asking myself and you too, "how would you decorate your seaside cottage?"
I would find vintage oil paintings of the ocean or ships and hang them on white walls.

Definitely white walls....

Barclay Butera
Yup, white walls, vintage oil painings, and the color blue!

Although I'm not a "blue person," blue just makes sense in a beach house.

So do stripes!

Phoebe Howard
Of course, I would succombe to all the cliches of nautical decor!
The proverbial model ships....

....nautical lanterns

....driftwood

....kitchy wallpaper!

....old life preservers

And duh, a sea shell chandelier!

I think it would be so much fun visiting flea markets and antique stores looking for the perfect accessories, filling the cottage with treasures.

Ultimately though, it's all about the ocean. And the sunsets. And the beach!

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back to whence we came." ~John Kennedy

I couldn't agree more!

No comments:

Post a Comment