Brocante Treasures From Paris

 All my brocante treasures made it home safely!
Not that I bought that much--only what I could fit into my suitcase, but I was worried about these two bistro jugs.
Aren't they cute?

 I wonder what little French bistro they came from?
I couldn't pass them up!

The set of six vegetable botanicals were an easy fit.  I nabbed them for 6 euros each and plan to frame them to hang on the kitchen wall in the wine country.  

Each one is unique...





This one is my favorite because of the vivid color.

I got carried away only once at the flea market when I bought this bolt of linen.
I have no idea what to do with it, but am sure it will come to me!
A tablecloth?  A slipcover?  Pillows?
The possibilities are endless....

 Six forks and spoons also made it home.
Like I need more silverware!

I love their fleur de lys pattern...

...but what really intrigued me was the stamped maker's mark on the front.
Not all of them were stamped but I was able to find six of each that were.

I can't wait to set the table with them.

I bought the bistro jugs and linen from this lovely lady.
She was so friendly and I felt like she was a kindred spirit.  
Not only did she have all the things I love and collect...

 ....but she wore a leopard hat and a paisley scarf!
I hope to go back to the Paris Flea Market some day and visit her again.
Who knows what treasures she will have!

(I'm sharing this post at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday)

No comments:

Post a Comment