A Christmas Day Tablescape

 Merry Christmas!
It's Christmas morning, everyone is still asleep and I finally have time to reveal my Christmas 2013 table that has taken me days to create.

 My muse and inspiration is this reindeer plate from Homegoods.
It took me weeks to accumulate enough, going to three different stores.
Eventually, I gave up and just ordered them from eBay!

I already had the tartan plates, placemats and napkins which all seemed to go together.
The charger is pewter and picks up the silver silhouette of the deer on the candles.

For the centerpiece I filled a silver ice bucket with red roses, white mums and eucalyptus leaves.
It smells wonderful.

 I eliminated the runner and instead laid fir branches from the Christmas tree lot all down the table.
Two candlesticks with white candles decorated with reindeer are on either end, along with a pair of pine cone candles and a pair of tapers.

At each place setting, I used mini trees in little bark pots.
My guests can take them home as a favor.

Each little tree has their name on it!
I found the tartan picks at the flower mart and knew they would be perfect in the trees.

I really had fun setting the table this year, anticipating using the reindeer plates and the mini trees...

...it all came together for something fresh and traditional at the same time.

As the morning sun streams in, I am thinking of all my family sitting together at this table later today with the candles lit, enjoying the traditional dinner of lamb and pilaf.
There will be much laughter and love.
I can't wait!

Merry Christmas to all the followers of Vignette Design!
I truly appreciate your support and love hearing from each and every one of you!

May your day be filled with love, laughter and the joy of Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment