Birdcage Crazy

It seems like everywhere I look lately, I see birdcages.
On a recent antique trip, I spied some real beauties like this one.

There was even a gothic birdcage...

A tall birdcage...

A birdcage to hang on the wall...

Round birdcages...

Enormous Victorian birdcages...

So many birdcages!

This one reminded me of one that I had many years ago when I was birdcage crazy.
I collected several, then lost interest.

They can be the perfect decorative object to fill up a space and add architectural interest.

I like to see one behind a sofa table, buffet or even on a baker's rack.

All these birdcages made me wish for one, and I knew right where it would go.

I came home, went online and promptly found this rusty, metal birdcage on One King's Lane.

It's perfect!
For now, I'm leaving it empty but could see it filled with dried hydrangeas or pine cones.

Anything but real birds!
***
Are you "birdcage crazy?"

Partying at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
No Minimalist Here for Open House Party

No comments:

Post a Comment