A Thanksgiving Tablescape With Rural Scenes

For this year's Thanksgiving table, I changed my mind at the last minute and put aside the traditional Thanksgiving turkey plates.

 I opted instead to set the table with one of my favorite patterns, Rural Scenes by A. J. Wilkinson.

Besides the charming scene at the center of the plate, I am smitten by the brown border of farm implements, invoking a feeling of harvest time.

 I layered the plates over a beautiful shade of green charger and used formal, traditional matching silver.

 Plaid fringed napkins from April Cornell keep things casual.

For the centerpiece, I used white pumpkins, dried heirloom hydrangeas, antlers, moss and copper votives.


The candles are lit!
All the colors from the plate are carried through and become more apparent with the glow from the copper votives.

 I've been collecting these plates for several years now, finding them at antique malls, eBay and Replacements.

I love using the crystal wine hocks that were passed down from my Mother-in-law!

Several years ago, I used these same plates for a tablescape...

... but I think they are perfect as the quintessential Thanksgiving plate!


Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment