The Staghorn Fern As Living Taxidermy


 For those who are squeamish about deer antlers in their decor, there is the staghorn fern plant as an alternative.

They are another "IT" plant that seems to be becoming more and more popular.

I'm currently obsessed!
 Martha Stewart seems to be too.
I'm loving the wall of ferns on her porch. 

I think they look great grouped together on an outside wall.

I mean, how cool is this?

And this?

For those living in cooler climates, hanging them indoors is a better option.

 They like humidity, so hanging them in a bathroom is a good choice.
As long as they get bright light too.

They require a weekly soak, allowing them to dry out between watering.
I did my research about the care of the staghorn fern before I bought two from the wholesale nursery last week.

 Isn't it beautiful?
I am toying with the idea of not hanging one of them, instead laying it flat on a table or stack of books.

 Or perhaps, propping it up on an easel in the living room.
The other one I'm planning to mount on the wall in the sunroom.
Who needs antlers when you have staghorn ferns!


No comments:

Post a Comment