The Oh So Cool Fiddle Leaf Fig

The fiddle leaf fig tree seems to be the cool, hip house plant these days.
It even made the cover of Veranda!

In this home designed by Windsor Smith, the fiddle leaf fig sits in the background and brings a breath of fresh air to the room.

I'm crushing on this dining room designed by Betsy Burnham and how the oh so cool fiddle leaf fig is sitting in the corner being oh so cool!

I love their large, sculptural leaves and how they are perfect for filling that empty corner.
They do seem to be everywhere these days!
From Elle Decor...

...to Traditional Home.


From House Beautiful...

...and now my home!
Yep, I found a fiddle leaf fig at the wholesale nursery last week and bought it for a corner in the living room.

Then, I found a Palecek bamboo and grasscloth planter at a consignment store while visiting a friend in Santa Cruz this week.  
I couldn't wait to get it home and see if the fiddle leaf fig would be perfect for it.

I love it!

Fiddle leaf figs, also known as Ficus Lyrata are from western African and are supposed to be easy to grow, as long as they have good light and you don't over water them.  I just hope I don't kill this oh so cool houseplant!

So what do you think of these popular house plants?
Could you see a fiddle leaf fig in your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment