My DIY Candle Project

For my jute wrapped candle project, I purchased candles in a glass container.
They are safer and provide a nice surface to glue the jute to.

Marshalls and TJ Maxx are the best places to buy these. 
They're inexpensive and that's the whole point, right?

I used a hot glue gun to adhere the jute to the candle, making sure to seal the edge for a clean look.

Voila!  

Now for the embellishments.
I got out my stamps from my scrapbooking days.
How about an "A?"

Not bad, but I want something that says "Fall." 

Fall?
Or fail?
Time to go to Michaels for some inspiration.

I found a bin of stamps priced at $1.50 each, like the Live, Love and Laugh ones that did a pretty good job on this candle.  
Not exactly fall though...

This is supposed to say "spooktacular" but again, fail!
The jute is too coarse for the stamp to completely fill in.

I thought the "Trick or Treat" stamp would be better, but not exactly.

The three that didn't quite turn out, I covered with maple leaves from the tree right outside my dining room window!

A dried orange slice from a bag of potpourri hid another failed stamp.

 Later, I'll remove the leaves and orange peel and add a rosette.

 Michaels had some nice ones in the jewelry department, priced 40% off.

40% off doesn't compare to free though!

So much for my DIY candle project!

 What do you think?  Does it say "fall?"
Or fail?

No comments:

Post a Comment