Our 2013 Grape Harvest

"We should all do what, in the long run, gives us joy even if it is only picking grapes..."  ~E.B. White

And so, it is with great joy that we picked our grapes one more year, marveling at their beauty and sweetness.

I can understand why artists attempt to capture their beauty, and why philosophers wax poetic about the grape, its harvest and its wine.
One of my favorite quotes is this one by Galileo:  
"The Sun, with all the planets revolving around it, and depending on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as though it had nothing else in the Universe to do."

And my favorite painting is this one which is hung over our mantel; a reminder of the wine country and its abundance.

Speaking of abundance, we have more grapes that we know what do do with.  Oh, how I wish I could send you all a cluster!

Hoping you have a fabulous autumn weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment