Fall In Love With Succulents For Fall

Let's not overlook the ever versatile, ever hardy and ever colorful succulent as a plant that can represent autumn in all its glory.

 From green to burgundy and orange in-between, succulents certainly have their share of fall colors going on.

I have to admit, I'm a little weary of traditional fall decor this year.
A few years ago, I created this very traditional harvest centerpiece. 
This year, I want something different.

That's where succulents can play a role.  They can be added to the proverbial "pumpkin meets fallen leaves" for a new fresh look, yet still say autumn.

Last week, I stopped in for a visit at the Restoration Hardware flagship store in Marin and took note of their succulents.

That's when it occurred to me just how versatile succulents are and how they can transition from season to season, each time fitting right in.

I do think they look their best during fall though.
That's when they can truly shine, especially with the addition of a few white pumpkins, or green gourds.

Just be sure when planting your succulents for fall to choose a variety of colors.

There are so many to choose from!

And with that wonderful warm autumn sunlight setting the succulents aglow, I know that I have found the perfect addition to my fall decor.

I'm joining Yvonne at StoneGable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits!

No comments:

Post a Comment