I've Never Met A Tolix Chair That I Didn't Like!


 I've never met a Tolix chair that I didn't like!
From the original galvanized version to red, green, white, black and every color in between!


Popular since 1934 when it was first produced, the French Tolix chair has become a classic.
Always a staple in France's bistros, now they seem to be everywhere, especially comfortable in an urban or industrial setting...


...but equally at home in a rough luxe setting.


They are great outdoors...


...and indoors in contemporary, rustic or industrial style rooms.
I love how the Tolix chair can shake things up in a room and add that element of the unexpected.


Even more unexpected is to mix the colors up!


I love these green vintage Tolix chairs!
Vintage, distressed Tolix chairs are expensive and somewhat hard to find.

I do think they look better all rusty and such, especially when used alfresco.

Sundance Catalog sells authentic Tolix chairs in steel only for $245.
But if you want the real deal in every color of the rainbow, then Antiquaire is worth checking out.
They offer over 200 colors starting at $249, as well as vintage Tolix chairs.


Pottery Barn sells Tolix chairs in a choice of four colors for $269, and Design Within Reach is selling them in white or gunmetal for $250 each.
The Tolix Chair has become so popular that everyone it seems is producing a knock-off.
This reproduction Tolix chair is from Zin Home and sells for $175.
I love its rusty finish.


I knew when I was furnishing our wine country vacation rental that I wanted red Tolix chairs for the outside breezeway.
I found very reasonably priced knock-offs through One Kings Lane in sets of four.

Although they aren't rusty and vintage looking, the price was right.
I couldn't be happier.
Besides, I'll just leave them out in the rain for a winter!

What is your feeling about Tolix chairs?
Could you find a place for them in your home or garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment