The Sunroom Gets An Update

My favorite room in the house is our sunroom, located just off the kitchen.
I love sitting in "the chair" and sipping coffee in the morning, sometimes watching the sunrise.
Or, in the evening with Mr. A, sipping a glass of wine.
It is our go-to room in the house!

Recently, I made a few changes and updates in the sunroom, starting with "the chair."

I was lucky to find red and white woven ticking that will wear like iron and had a new slipcover made.

 While I realize this isn't a big difference from the last slipcover, trust me, it is a welcome change.

It goes with the red sofa that has held up to sunlight and dogs...

...and the two grain sack upholstered chairs that we found in Santa Fe a few years ago.
The wicker and leather table between the two chairs is a recent find from a local consignment shop.

It goes with the new trunk that doubles as a coffee table which I purchased at the same shop.
The throw on the sofa arm is also a new addition, found on OKL.
It is all cotton and resembles French grain sack material.

The new trunk holds stacks of my latest design books, as this is where I love to sit, read and blog!

Like I said, we live in here!
 It is a small, long and narrow space which is filled with furniture, yet we manage to live large in this room!

Some people might feel a bit cramped in a room this small, but I tend to gravitate towards small, cozy rooms.


Also, the dogs are welcome here, and they know it!


While we are gone, they sleep in here, waiting and watching for our return.

I love the sunlight all day long in this room--I guess that's why it's called a sunroom!
But also love the evening in here.


Yes, it's even more cozy at night!

The sunroom has gone through a lot of changes over the years.
To see more photos of its evolution, click here, here and here.

I'm joining Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday.
I'm joining Barb at The Everyday Home for Homework Wednesday.

I'm participating in the Summer 2013 Showcase of Homes!
Stay tuned for more information...


No comments:

Post a Comment