For The Love Of Dogs

Do you think dogs are capable of love?
I do!


I don't doubt for one minute that dogs love their humans.
Whether or not dogs have emotions is debatable amongst psychologists and animal behaviorists.
Some refer to a dog's love for their master as an attachment, not love.
Well, that's debatable!

Emotionally speaking, I believe dogs feel joy.
The joy of going for a ride in the car.
The joy of playing catch or going for a walk.

Tell your dog he has to stay and just see how sad he becomes!
I know because I have been leaving my little Oscar home alone lately and it breaks my heart to see his ears and tail go down.

He waits patiently for my return because he has to. 
 It is what dogs do.  
Their qualities of loyalty, patience, devotion and dedication are qualities that we humans should strive for.

All I know is that dogs make our lives richer.

I read once that they are guardian angels of the human spirit.

For dog lovers like me, dogs become family members, living with us, sharing our homes, sitting on the sofa...

...sleeping in our beds, guarding our human spirit...

...and teaching us by example to love each other.
A dog's love is pure.
It's patient and kind.

A dog's love isn't jealous, proud or boastful;
it is not arrogant or rude.
A dog's love doesn't keep a record of wrongs.

Sound familiar?
It is 1 Corinthians 13.4
Yes, we have a lot to learn from our dogs.

Some believe that God made a dog for all the reasons above.

Do you love a dog?
Do you have a dog that loves you?
If you do, you are one lucky person.
I know I am!

Be sure to check out my Pinterest boards, Dog Love and Living With Dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment