The Collected Tabletop, Inspirations for Creative Entertaining

 Just when I thought I had no more tablescapes in me, a signed copy of "The Collected Tabletop" arrived from Kathryn Greeley.

Did I fail to mention that I won Tartanscot's Christmas Table contest?
I did, and this was my prize!

 Talk about inspiration!
This book has my name written all over it!
For instance, I'm working on a tablescape at the moment using these dishes, and of course the plaid is a must!

There are so many wonderful tablescapes featured in this book, but my favorite is the Scottish Gamekeeper's Dinner.

 The table is set with her game china collection, Bernadotte, Spode and Johnson Brothers, which all coordinate and compliment one another.


 I'm in love with these dishes from Czechoslovakia.

 Kathryn has a lovely collection of treenware which she also used for this table setting...

 ...and majolica, which she used for the Fall Football table.

I die!

 I thought her Grandmother's Book Shower table and menu adorable.
What a great idea for a first time grandmother!

She set the table with Mason's Strathmore Blue china.

Even the salad compliments the pattern!


The Wine Tasting table also inspires me.
I especially like the menu cards.


 There are so many creative ideas for entertaining in this book, and I know I will be referring to it for inspiration for years to come.

Thank you Kathryn Greeley for inspiring me to entertain, and to collect.
I think we are kindred spirits!

Thanks also to Scot Meacham Wood for hosting his annual Christmas Decorating Contest at Tartanscot.
It's always fun to see all the fabulous entries, and I'm truly honored to be the chosen winner of the table top contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment