Dining Room Slipcovered Chairs Reveal

 The dining room Parsons chairs got new slipcovers.
Although that doesn't seem like a big deal, believe me it was.
It was like a "three act play" to get these slipcovers fabricated!

It all started when I met Ludwiga at an antique show.
Her business, Ludwiga's Linens specializes in European linens and textiles.
I purchased seven yards from her for each chair.  This fabric is only twenty inches wide and is from Hungary.  It is at least 80 to 100 years old!

 I brought the yardage and chairs to Maggie's Slipcovers for fabrication.
She cut the pieces and custom fit them to the chairs, just like a dressmaker would.
Maggie is from Hungary, so she was very excited to take on this project!
After she cut the pieces to fit, I sent the front piece back to Ludwiga to be monogramed.
"D" for Delores

"G" for Gary.
After Ludwiga monogramed them, they went back to Maggie to be completed.
It took 4 months between the two vendors!
A "three act play!"

I love the new, clean look of the chairs. 
They are one of a kind, personalized and unique.

It was totally worth the wait!

I'm linking to Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday.
I'm also joining Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment