Our Christmas Mantel, Plus a Few Others

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
The mantels are decorated, the table is almost set, and the gifts are wrapped...

For our mantel this year, I didn't go crazy.  Just a garland, paperwhites and candles.
Instead of hanging stockings, I hung a "Merry Christmas" banner.

I found these birch covered candle holders at the wholesale nursery.

Garlands, plants and candles are kind of my formula, as you can see from last year's mantel.

I've accumulated lots of birch accessories over the years and love to use them to create a rustic look.

I was probably inspired by a Pottery Barn mantel like this one, which is where I found all those birch candles!  

Same mantel, but with the addition of white hydrangeas everywhere, leftover from the wedding!

Two years ago, I got "creative" with a mantelscape of burlap, greens and mercury glass.

I think I was inspired by...

...this image from Country Living, probably my favorite mantel ever!



I'm always looking for inspiration and ways to get creative outside of my formula.
On a recent visit to my friend's home, I was wowed by her mantel.
My same formula, however she took it further with the lamps and star on the mirror.
Just beautiful!

Another friend inspired me with her vintage oil painting, books and Santa collection for a mantelscape perfect in a family room. 

Every year, she has a Christmas dinner and I look forward to seeing her home decorated for the holidays.  In fact, tonight is the night!
Isn't her mantel gorgeous?
I can't wait to see what she does this year!

 Recently, I came across this image on Pinterest.  
Thank goodness for Pinterest, there is no shortage of inspiration there!
I really like how the antlers were used to hang the stockings...

...Of course it was my inspiration to incorporate antlers on our family room mantel.

I wanted a natural, Provencal look.

Basically, I'm just too lazy to start over here, so I kept the demijohn and confit pot on the mantel and added ivy topiaries and branches gathered from the Christmas tree lot.

 "Joyeux Noel!"

We can breath a sigh of relief that the world didn't end today!
Now we can enjoy the wind-down to Christmas.  
Wishing you all a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment