Christmas 2012 Tablescape

The inspiration behind the Christmas 2012 tablescape were two fringed cotton paisley tablecloths that I found on sale at Pottery Barn, last minute.

I laid them end to end and layered a long piece of linen yardage underneath.

The muted colors of the tablecloths dictated which dishes to use, even though I have used them before, just not in this combination.  

In fact, I had the table set with other dishes, but when I found the Pottery Barn tablecloths, it changed everything!

The Santa Claus napkins give no doubt that this is a Christmas table.

With both leaves pulled out, the table will sit 12 to 14, and it almost takes up the entire length of the room.  
Which makes finding tablecloths difficult, as well as a centerpiece that doesn't get lost in the middle.

To extend the centerpiece, I used white roses in a larger arrangement for the center, with two smaller arrangements on either side.  
Then I laid greens and pine cones down the table. 

The table just before we sat down for dinner last night...

...on the menu?
The traditional lamb shish-ka-bob, rice pilaf, great-grandma's cranberry mold, buttered carrots and a delectable salad of persimmons and fennel.

We cheated and bought store bought pies from Heidi's Pies.
Chocolate cream, pecan and lemon meringue.
Yum!

 Hope you all had a wonderful holiday and don't have to go to work today!
I vote for the week off between Christmas and New Year's!

Tablecloths - Pottery Barn
Napkins - World Market
Tartan plates - Target
Silverware - vintage
Staghorn knives - vintage
Crystal - vintage
Majolica chargers and salad plates - Bordallo Pinheiro
collected through the years from many sources!
I'm joining Susan for Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch.
I'm joining Kim for the 98th Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style.

No comments:

Post a Comment