Small Business Saturday

 I avoided the crowds on Black Friday, choosing to stay home in my pajamas, cleaning and eating!
However, yesterday was a different story.

Small Business Saturday in the wine country means shopping vintage stores and perhaps finding handmade crafts that you just can't find in Target and Walmart!
Talk about great for our economy!

Gin' Gilli's Vintage Home in Geyserville was our first stop.
Newly reopened from down the street, their new location is packed with handmade and vintage finds.

 I spied a Johnson Brother's, Friendly Village dinner set and was quite tempted.
The price was slashed to $275 for twelve place settings, serving pieces and tea service!

Also tempting was this tartan thermos, perfect for the plaid lover in your life!  (hint, hint)

 
Remember Tom and Jerrys?  
I do.  My Grandma always made them at Christmas in a Tom and Jerry set just like this.
The kids got "virgin" T & Js as a special treat!

An adorable vintage looking Santa caught my eye...

 ...this is what I call "unplugged" shopping!

 In fact shopping here really put me in the mood for the holidays!
Christmas music, cookies and cider = no stress!

After Gin' Gilli's, we ventured down the street and met a local woman who was selling her handmade wreaths and garlands.
I bought one of each!

 I'll end up taking it home, but for now I couldn't resist seeing what it looked like on the mantel in Asti.
Prompting the question, "Wouldn't a wine country Christmas be fun?"

Just the whole idea of an old fashioned Christmas sounds fun to me.
Staying away from the lines and crowds and shopping local for gifts is all part of how I envision Christmas 2012 to be.  

Here's to an old fashioned Christmas!

Read more about Gin' Gilli's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment