A Harvest Themed Tablescape

 Our gourmet club has been going strong for over three years!
Even when one couple moved to Chicago, we still managed to get together.
It's fun to meet ahead of time, plan the menu and decide who is hosting.
This time, it's our turn to host!
Silly me.  Nothing like hosting a dinner party a few days before Thanksgiving!
What was I thinking?

 Oh, I know...
I wanted to have a reason to set the table and create a tablescape.
After all, it's been awhile since I've done one.
I have to admit, I'm a bit rusty!

I started creating the "scape" with a harvest theme in mind.  That's what our menu reflects, so it makes sense to carry it through with dishes that depict a farm scene with garden tools around the rim.

The dishes sit on top of two chargers:  purple cabbage leaf and brown leather.

Grain sack placemats with a purple stripe keep the theme rustic.
Brown floral napkins keep the theme romantic.

The colored stemware echo the colors used throughout.
Purple, brown and green.

 This tablescape is not finished yet!
As you can see, I have a few more pieces of silverware to add.
And most import of all.  
The centerpiece!
Our gourmet dinner is Saturday night.
Stay tuned for the complete tablescape and the fantastic menu, including recipes.

China:  "Pastoral Davenport 1840," A.J. Wilkinson
Purple Charger:  Bordallo Pinheiro
Leather Charger:  Accents de Ville
Silverplate:  "Modern Baroque," Community Silver
Amethyst water goblet:  "Victorian," Fostoria
Tri-color goblet:  Global Amici
Placemats:  One King's Lane
Napkins:  Ralph Lauren

I'm joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Also, Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest 

No comments:

Post a Comment