Lantern Love

I've been searching for the perfect lantern for our entry forever!
They are either too small, too big, the wrong shape or outrageously expensive.
This one, as seen in Traditional Home is probably outrageously expensive since it's an antique.
But still, it is what I've been looking for.

I fell in love with this gorgeous wooden lantern from Horchow, but it is way to big.
However, I did order the smaller version but it came with just one socket for a 60 watt bulb.
Perhaps it could have been retrofitted with a candelabra, but I don't have the patience.

This simple square lantern from Pottery Barn has been calling my name.
It is not too big, not too small, a perfect simple shape.
And it's not expensive! 

Here they show it in an entry, similar to mine.
So I ordered it.

It replaced the ornate crystal chandelier that has been here for 13 years.

Don't get me wrong, I still love this chandelier, but want a simpler look.

The new lantern in the entry coordinates better with the chandelier in the dining room.


It's not the perfect lantern, but it gets the job done!

I love the entry with its new updated look.
And since the living room is also getting an updated look with grasscloth walls and fresh upholstery, it will be a nice transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment