New Finds At Cost Plus World Market

I'll be honest, I've always loved shopping at Cost Plus.
From back in the day when I decorated my first apartment, to the present when I'm shopping for young clients with a budget, Cost Plus has always been one of my favorite stores.

 Cost Plus was first established in 1958, right here in San Francisco by a businessman who sold wicker from his travels abroad.  Maybe that's why I used to associate Cost Plus with wicker!
They've come a long way since!
Take for instance their "Erin Cute As A Button" headboard.  The queen bed sells for $399.99 which is quite a bargain.  And it's cute as a button too!

 Or the Isa bed, which reminds me of a much more expensive bed from Restoration Hardware.

 The Julian bed reminds me of a much more expensive version too.
Isn't there something like this in the Sundance catalog?

 When I visited Cost Plus last week, I walked in the front door and was taken with this linen chaise.
Called the Ainsley Chaise, it's part of their "Kingdom Animalia" collection.

 Notice the detail of the tufting, which is reminiscent of a French mattress.
It's on sale right now for $399.99 and is upholstered in burlap.
Simply adorable!

 The chaise was displayed under this tent which was intriguing me.
I couldn't find a price tag and no one seemed to know how much it cost.

 Turns out, it's not for sale.  Just part of the display.  Really?
That just made me want it even more!  How cool would it be to have this tent in the backyard?

 After much begging, I had to give it up and move on, only to discover these fabulous pillows--and they were for sale, thank goodness.  

The quality of the linen fabric is much more than you would expect for less than $20 each.

The one item I regret not buying is a basket from this collection.
I'm heading back this week.
  Hopefully they aren't sold out!

Don't have a Cost Plus World Market in your area?
Visit their website here.

Click here to see the living room makeover I did last year for my daughter and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment