I Finally Got The Courage!

Our new green kitchen is still evolving.
I'm tweaking it here and there after living with the final reveal for a few months.
You know, things just come to you in the middle of the night!

For example:  The doors...

This cabinet has beautiful leaded glass doors!
I kept asking myself why would I take perfectly good doors, freshly painted and store them in the garage?

Because when the doors were re-installed, I "lost" the dish display I worked so hard on.

I found myself leaving the doors open all day, kind of experimenting with the look of open shelving and getting up the courage to take them off.

One day, I just did it.
Oh, and it felt good, too!
Yes, there will have to be a small repair where the hinges were, but I love seeing my dishes on display.
I kept the doors on the other glass cabinets across the room, but I'll admit that I gave it serious thought to remove them too!

BEFORE

AFTER

What do you think?

I'm still working on the window covering, and the corbels for the range hood.
I'll keep you posted....


No comments:

Post a Comment