Antiquing In Santa Cruz


Last weekend, we left no stone unturned as we moseyed from Santa Cruz to Carmel-By-The-Sea hunting for treasures and sightseeing. We hit estate sales, yard sales, antique malls and design stores.
I'm pretty lucky Mr. A enjoys the thrill of the hunt too!

We started at Center Street Antiques in Soquel, a sleepy suburb of Santa Cruz because Atelier de Campagne has a booth there and I was anxious to see their display.

I've been following their blog and even met Trinidad and Johan at the flea market earlier this month. Their booth was one of my favorites, so beautifully staged with amazing antiques from Europe.

In fact, this collective had the best dealers. Every booth was a good one. Which is rare these days. With antique collectives going by the wayside, it was refreshing to see one still flourishing.

Not only is this one of the best malls I've ever been in, the prices are very reasonable too.
I bought this pillow for my BFF Maureen. It matches the drapes in her living room.

Great vintage leather suitcase. It had all original stickers including one from Havana!
A little glue on the handle is all it needed.

There were more than a few tole trays, but I left them behind.

A wonderful old wicker trunk. Would be great at the end of the bed.


Shopping at this collective brought back memories of the time when I had a booth in a local mall for about 7 years. It was so much fun and a lot of work.

Mr. A suggested that maybe I should think about getting back into the antique business again.
Are you kidding?
Perhaps an online store, he suggested.
He just wants to get rid of all the stuff in the garage!

It was only 11:00 am and the day was just getting started.
Stay tuned as we head south touring Monterey and Carmel.

No comments:

Post a Comment