Tartan School Days, Home For Lunch


To celebrate National Tartan Week, I created a "home for lunch" tablescape using a vintage tartan plaid lunchbox from the 50's that a reader sent me last year.

I envisioned a school day where "my student" would have a special lunch at home.

Plaid linens and a plate from the American Living collection coordinate with the lunchbox.

The placemat and napkin pattern is called Clemons Tartan.
It was originally sold by JC Penney, but is no longer available.
It can still be found on Ebay though.

The plaid plate is a little harder to find.
It is larger than a salad plate, but smaller than a dinner plate.

The apple juice glass is vintage.

Lunch time!

Peanut butter and jelly sandwich, chips and an apple....

Apple juice from the thermos....

...Old school style!

The napkin and placemat actually reminds me of a school uniform!

Thank you Randi for sending me your childhood lunchbox.
It was the perfect inspiration for my old school lunchtime tablescape!

Show Me Your Tartan!

Now it's your turn to show us your tartan.
Anything tartan!
Just add your post to the link below to join the tartan parade this week from April 1 to April 4.





No comments:

Post a Comment