Birthday Brocante In The Wine Country


It's that time of year again. The birthday weekend!
BFF Maureen and I share the same birthday. Same day, same year!
So along with our husbands, we spent a wonderful weekend in the wine country antiquing and treasure hunting.
Here are a few treasures that caught our eye, and maybe yours too....

I thought this sweet little majolica cauliflower teapot was adorable.

This unique, ornate mantel clock definitely caught my eye.

We noticed a lot of vintage picnic baskets. I was all about this tartan plaid one.
Mr. A said his mother had one just like this when he was little!

Dress forms are quite popular right now. I like this one because it would be perfect for holding a collection of necklaces on a dresser.

There was so much hotel silver, that I was tempted...

But it's copper that is intriguing me instead of silver.
I am thinking of starting a collection of vintage copper cookware.

We found at least three different dealers specializing in old copper.

Maureen is thinking of starting a collection of vintage barware.

I fell in love with this simple, white teapot!

There is plenty of white ironstone out there. Pitchers and platters, and everything else in between.

Cute!

Would love this S & P on the new range!

Even better, I could imagine this enamelware vegetable bin in the glass front refrigerator of my dreams!

It was a fabulous weekend for hanging out in Healdsburg, just shopping, antiquing and spending winter-time in Asti by the fire.
We found some wonderful treasures, solved a few world problems and started planning our 60th birthday!
We decided that 58 is the new 58!
We are embracing it and look forward to many more weekends like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment