Before and After



Everyone loves a good before and after story, so I thought it might be fun to look at our home before the photoshoot, before Bonnie worked her magic and before John captured it with his lens.

BEFORE
The living room before.
This is what it usually looks like.
Bonnie removed the leather chairs and I removed the hooked rug just before she got there.

AFTER
Bonnie brought in my French chairs, opening up the room.
She staged the mantel and coffee table simply.
I love this look, but couldn't wait to put back the leather chairs.
It's where we sit, by the fire and drink our coffee in the morning.

BEFORE
The dining room before didn't change much. The hutch was restaged and my confit pots came in handy to hold olive branches from the property.

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE
This is a terrible shot, but it shows what we had to work with.

AFTER
John got up very early in the morning to take this moody shot. The fog was still out and the light was exactly as you see it here.

I've received a lot of emails about the magazine feature, but one in particular stood out to me.
Marlis Bennett from Creative Journeys said, "I truly wish the article had not ended and we could have peeked into all the nooks and crannies."
Great idea Marlis! Stay tuned for a more detailed tour, nooks and crannies style!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
May 2012 be the best year ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment