A Woodland Style Tablescape for January

January seems the perfect month for a "woodland style" tablescape.
I've been thinking about this table setting for a long time now, so it was really fun to finally create it.

The inspiration for this tablescape is from the book, Woodland Style by Marlene Hurley Marshall. It is a wonderful book full of ideas for bringing nature into your home, using foraged and found objects from outside.
Right up my alley!

I gathered my bird's nests, moss and tree slices to create the centerpiece.

The wedding hydrangeas look perfect in faux bois pots.

Deer horn candle holders add to the theme.

Also left over from the wedding are these log slices that are serving as chargers for the table setting.

Two majolica leaf plates sit on top.

The salad plate is the latest Ebay find that I wrote about yesterday.

Real wood napkin rings were an Etsy find.
The Ralph Lauren floral napkins pull together all the woodsy colors of the majolica plates.

A birch candle casts a warm glow on the tiny precious hummingbird nest that my Mother found.
A small wood slice is the foundation.

Real beeswax candles with faux bees tie in with the white hydrangeas.

Looking down the table at the centerpiece...

...and the place settings.

I envisioned a meal of foraged wild edibles, like risotto topped with sautéed morel mushrooms.
Or ramp bread pudding--all recipes found in the book!

My daughter suggested braised lamb shanks, quinoa risotto and wild mushroom ravioli.
For this tablescape in January, any kind of comfort food would work!

I'm joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment