Let the Decorating Begin


Let the decorating begin. First on the list: the wreath.
You might recall that I did the same thing last year to personalize a generic wreath, using upholstery webbing to make a banner.
I decided to make a new one for the fresh douglas fir wreath I bought at the flower mart yesterday, and to show exactly how I did it.

First, measure off the amount of webbing you will need to span the diameter of the wreath.

Have your stencil ready and two magic markers, one fine tip for detail and one medium to fill in.

I used the words Merry Christmas, but Joyeux Noel, Buon Natale, Feliz Navidad or even the generic Happy Holidays would also work.

Trim the ends decoratively and punch a hole on either end to thread ribbon through.
I used the burlap ribbon I had on hand, but tartan plaid would also work!

Voila!
I hang my wreath on our glass paned front door using a suction cup.
It works pretty well!

Check that box!
Tomorrow, the tree and garland.

No comments:

Post a Comment